The Retention Team (Noelia Roman, Kelly Linden) and DLT (Samantha Hamilton) collaborate to deliver a successful professional development series for sessional staff with a focus on student retention called ‘Teaching First.’
Teaching First seeks to support sessional and new continuing teaching academics by covering a range of topics including:
- Quality teaching practice and principles
- Understanding the Charles Sturt teaching systems and support services
- Knowing your students and ways to support them
- Methods and expectations for providing feedback
- Processes for finalising a subject
Due to the overwhelming success and positive feedback received from past sessions, the Teaching First professional development program will be delivered again, commencing in Week 7 (week commencing 10th April 2023)
Teaching First 202330; is focused on sessional academics, new continuing staff, or other academics who are new to teaching first-year subjects, or any academic that may benefit from this program.
The Teaching First 202330 professional development program is funded for participating sessional academics and includes;
- 5 x 90-minute online sessions
- Time to complete pre and post-session activities
- Optional consultation with an Educational Designer
- Optional opportunity for a formative peer review
Contact your Hos if you are interested in taking part.