Sub Dean February 2022 Update

Did 1 March roll around quickly for you? For me, the shut down / holiday period in January seemed to be consumed with 7-day lockdowns due to close contacts or otherwise, but luckily there were some small trips in between which allowed for some fun and adventure. Then, February seemed to feel as though I was trying to catch up and get new projects underway, so it was a bit of a whirlwind. However, I hope you are staying well and having a productive start to 2022.

In this current issue of BJBS news, we have our Acting Executive Dean, Michael Kiernan, providing a warm welcome back message. Please remember the wiki is tab-based with the latest news appearing under each tab/section at the top. What’s included in this issue are messages/updates from the:

• Libary team – Endnote
  • Timetable team – MyTimetable
  • Research Team – shut up and write sesisons and more
  • Academic Skills Team – new co-ordinators
  • Exams team – Online provider news and 202090 wash up
  • DLT – PD sessions
  • P&C – recognition of staff excellence- inspiring stories
  • Student achievements
  • Project updates – turnitin
  • DIT – liaison meetings

Also, the good news is that the Acting Executive Dean., Michael Kiernan, and the Faculty Leadership team, feel it very appropriate that the Faculty has a BJBS 2022 L&T Symposium. So on that note expressions of interest are being requested from any staff member that wishes to play a role on the organising committee. Please email me at sjenkins@csu.edu.au by Wednesday 15 March if you wish to be involved 🙂

In case, like me you feel it has been a whirlwind start and you missed some key emails in your inbox and need want to catch up with some light reading please refer to the respective links for the latest updates /news items:

I hope 2022 delivers on all your goals (and if you don’t have any – it’s time to set them)!