Academic Skills help for 202190

As you prepare for the 202190 session, please feel very welcome to book an Academic Skills workshop for your students.  

What can we help with?

Academic Skills can help students with:

• academic reading and writing skills
  • numeracy (including data interpretation and presentation)
  • planning and organisation
  • referencing
  • exam preparation
  • digital skills including MS Office and digital platforms.

We’re also available to deliver a quick 10-minute introduction to the services and support that is available from Academic Skills. Often if students know a face, they are more likely to seek help. I’m also happy to discuss and develop other resources that might be useful to support students in your cohort e.g. recorded video or PDF.

When can you help?

We can offer workshops in the evening as well as during the day. We even have staff available over the weekend!

Where can I direct my students to?

If you wish to provide a link to our resources in your Subject Outline or I2 site, please use www.csu.edu.au/academicskills. Our resources are regularly updated, so please send students to our webpage rather than providing them with PDFs or videos that might be out of date.

How can I arrange an embedded workshop?

Please contact me (Emma) at egersbach@csu.edu.au with the details of your subject, a date and time that would suit you best and the skills you would like covered. Get in early to reserve your preferred time!

Regards,

Emma Gersbach

Academic Skills Coordinator (BJBS)