As you finalise grades for 202130 and get ready for 202160 I hope you’ll be able to grab a well-deserved breather in there somewhere. Thanks so much for supporting your students over the last few months in what is increasingly feeling like a new normal. Speaking of which plans are progressing for the 2021 BJBS L&T Symposium on 2-3 September. In this newsletter are posts about our keynote panel and an extension on the EOI due date for the academic showcase so please make sure you read them and block off the mornings of Thursday 2 September and Friday 3 September if you can. More details to follow soon but in the meantime:
- As we head into the next session don’t forget to refer to the 202160 subject delivery guide for help
- The DLT website is in the process of being replaced by the DLT Professional Learning Hub which should make it easier to find resources to support your L&T endeavours.
- Lachlan Kalache, DLT Technology Lead, has created a simple process that allows you to import a single package file into your subject sites and then be able to create more professional announcements from our Faculty template easily from then on. He’s created a short video clip on how this is done – the link is here. And you can access the accompanying Announcement Template Master file here.
- The project to select a more comprehensive online exams platform is now at the vendor demonstration stage with 3 preferred tenders being put through their paces from mid-July. The aim is to have the new platform in place by the beginning of 2022. If you have feedback about what you’d like to see in the new online exams platform then please let me know.
- Great to see so many of you engaging with scholarly activity by attending one of the more recent sessions focused on evidencing and reflecting on our scholarly activity. If you haven’t yet engaged these DLT pages are more than enough to get you started.
- The further improvements to QUASAR, flagged in my last update, have been implemented in time for 202130 end-of-session processes.
- TEQSA also released new Anti-cheating resources, including a new suite of materials for students, which can be accessed via the TEQSA website, which also has information about reporting suspected illegal cheating services targeting Australian students.
- To stay across updates in academic policy head to these DLT pages
This is my last Sub Dean L&T update. From 5 July Dr Stacey Jenkins will take over as Sub Dean L&T. Thanks for all of the support you’ve given me, but more importantly the support you’ve given our students, over the last 5 years.