We are looking for expressions of interest for people to share their practice (in any area) as part of the 2021 BJBS Learning and Teaching Symposium Academic Showcase on 2-3 September.
The academic showcase will include audio podcasts, live presentations, and opportunities for networking and idea sharing with like-minded people.
We are looking for people to record podcasts that can be showcased on the symposium website in the lead up to the symposium. In addition, we will be selecting some of these podcasts to be showcased as 15-20 minute live presentations at the symposium sessions.
Here is an example podcast from Kim Bailey on Interactive Oral Assessments to give you some ideas: https://charlessturt.zoom.us/rec/share/eKpYrkl2iSY0- GZAFI2oftQ.nx9gCvUmAou2k88Q?startTime=1621904488000.
To express your interest:
- Record a short podcast (maximum 5 minutes) using Zoom. No need for video or power points, as we will only be using the audio from your recording. Your podcast should include the following:
- Your name, school, and area of teaching.
- A short synopsis of the practice you are showcasing.
- Why this is noteworthy to what we do in tertiary education.
- Explain briefly what you have achieved.
- Discuss how/why you think your practice could be adapted or used in other disciplines.
- Go to https://forms.gle/gKdw1jcnBCFEKsri9 and complete the Google form with your details. This is where you will share the link to your podcast recording. You can also indicate in the form if you would like to be considered for adapting your podcast into a live presentation at the symposium.
EOI’s need to be submitted before Friday, July 2.
EOI podcasts will be reviewed by the Academic Showcase Planning Group. If your podcast is selected to be a part of the live Academic Showcase presentations, you’ll work with the planning group in July/August to develop your 15-20 minute live presentation.
We look forward to hearing about your ideas and sharing them with the faculty.
If you have any questions, contact Warwick at: email@example.com