Thank you for the warm welcome to my new role as Academic Skills Coordinator for BJBS.
Session 202130 recap
This session, Academic Skills has been busy embedding workshops in over 40 subjects across the university, reaching a total of 4072 students. In the BJBS faculty, 1583 participants from 17 subjects attended a workshop on a range of topics such as Introduction to Academic Skills support, academic writing, critical reading and referencing.
Thanks for providing us with a platform to provide students with timely, focused support. We’d love to hear your feedback on what worked well and how we can improve!
New options for 202160
Academic Skills has expanded to include additional contextualised workshops for digital skills development to help students complete their assignments, including:
- Creating digital assessments such as blogs, podcasts, video creation/recordings
- Using MS Office
- Word – basics, inserting images, tables, and formatting reference lists
- Excel – basics plus creating graphs for assignments
- PowerPoint – creating presentations including voiceovers
- Tools for online collaboration or group work, e.g. Google Suite and Zoom
- Expectations and platforms for online exams
I’m also happy to develop other resources or strategies that might be useful to support the students in your cohort.
We’d love to help your students in 202160. Please reach out when you’re ready!