We know that 2020 has been difficult! And so we have made available some additional funding for HDR candidates!
Here are some examples of activities where funding may help:
- Want to polish your thesis? Professional editing of your final draft could support you to present your thesis to the best possible standard.
- Need consumables? Perhaps you are running out of consumables or need some equipment to enable you to achieve better research results
- Anything else that helps you to achieve excellence in your higher degree by research project? Make a case for consideration!
Costs must be related to the completion of a thesis, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Purchase of consumables, equipment, fees for service, software and/or data
- Research assistant – employing staff to enter survey/ interview / quantitative data, translation, webpage development*
- Costs associated with attending online professional development activities and online conference registration
- Engaging a professional copy editor
- Printing, copying and stationery
*Only under limited circumstances, please enquire with the relevant Sub-Dean, Graduate Studies before applying.
Funding will be approved for up to $1500 per applicant. Each student can be awarded up to one (1) HDR support grant per calendar year. Applications are welcome from all HDR candidates, even in the early stages of candidature.
Applications will be assessed on a competitive basis. Please note that your application must demonstrate a solid argument with recommendation from your Principal Supervisor. Please contact Jo-Anne
at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
Application closing date: Friday 31 July, 2020.
Preference will be given to those who have yet to receive funding in 2020 and to those who do not receive a scholarship, however all fee-paying and scholarship candidates who need assistance should apply.