The library has a great range of business databases to help students find quality and reliable information for their assessments. This includes:
A ProQuest database that includes thousands of scholarly and trade journals as well as market and industry reports from:
- Economist Intelligence Unit
- Hoovers/Dunn and Bradstreet
- Business Monitor International
- Oxford Analytica
- Oxford Economic Forecasting
- Emerging Markets Direct
An EBSCOhost database which includes the full-text journals, trade journals, general business magazines and reports including:
- Case studies
- Industry profiles
- SWOT analyses
- Articles from business journals, magazines and trade publications
- Market research reports
- Product reviews
- News articles
- Country reports
The main products are the Australia Industry Reports and the Australia Company Reports.
* Australia Industry Reports (ANZSIC) – 30-40 page reports on 500 Australian industries, covering key statistics, and analyses of markets, operating conditions, performance and, major industry participants.
* Australia Specialized Industry Reports – a further collection of reports for industries that don’t necessarily fit into official classifications, particularly including emerging verticals and technology industries.
* Australia Business Environment Profiles – 2-3 page profiles covering external factors – such as weather conditions, government policies, commodity prices, and consumer attitudes – which affect industry and market performance.
* Australia Company Reports – profiles of the 2000 largest Australian and New Zealand companies and businesses, including at a minimum: company details, key personnel, financials, segments & industries, shareholders, subsidiaries, and service providers. Premium reports also include extra detail including company activities, cross directorships, industry ratios, and an analysis of the competitive environment.