L&T Symposium: registrations open, keynote confirmed
Getting onto that soon really helps our planning, we’re currently holding a number of hotel rooms across Wagga. As in 2018, the Faculty will cover travel, meals and one night’s accommodation (two nights for PMQ staff). The program will be finalised in coming months but I am very pleased to announce that Professor Geoff Scott has just been confirmed as a keynote speaker.
BJBS Minimum standards on subject delivery
After feedback from the Faculty Learning and Teaching Committee and the Faculty Leadership Team (including Heads of School), Faculty Board recently endorsed the Faculty’s minimum expectations for subject delivery. As the name suggests the aim is to provide clear advice to all Faculty staff in relation their teaching; to assist in a consistent approach to student communication; and support effective assessment and moderation regimes consistent with the Higher Education Standards Framework. The plan is to implement for 201960 session, to align with the QUASAR project, but many are already exceeding what is outlined here. I’m planning a series of information sessions but in the meantime if you have questions or concerns, please email me
Sessional staff support
Whether you’re a sessional staff member or seeking to support sessional staff, don’t forget the quick links for sessional staff page on the wiki. Miranda Dyason is also here to help. She can:
- provide one-on-one online induction and training sessions on key systems such as Interact, Adobe Connect, Norfolk, EASTS, Outlook, Turn-it-in, Test Centre, Grade Centre
- help prepare for next session including setting up subject sites
- send out weekly emails to mentor and guide you through the teaching session.
For assistance email BJBSSessionalSupport@csu.edu.au
Upgrade to DOMS
CSU’s Digitial Object Management System (DOMS) is the place to store and access any type of digital resource – from sample exams to videos. DOMS has recently been upgraded and now features:
- better view statistics: contributors can now see the views for each of their contributions both for the item summary and each file.
- integrated login: DOMS login has now been integrated with Single sign on to effectively remove existing access issues to DOMS resources, particularly embedded images and videos.
- every subject outline produced before the introduction of the new subject outline tool (from 201845 back until late 1999) is now available in DOMS in PDF format, accessed via the Interact2 dashboard.
News in other newsletters…
- You should have been receiving regular calendar invites about professional development (PD) events specifically for BJBS staff but there are plenty of other opportunities. Here’s the full list of PD events DLT are providing in April, including sessions on providing assessment feedback, using learning analytics, peer review for promotion, GLO’s and workplace learning.
- The latest Learning Environments Newsletter is now also available. Here’s an update on new and improved physical and digital learning environments across CSU.