What’s happening in WPL nationally?
This month we are going to have a look at the work being done in the national WPL space.
Did you know?
There is a National Strategy on Work Integrated Learning in University Education. The strategy written by Universities Australia, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Australian Industry Group, the Business Council of Australia and the Australian Collaborative Education Network was released in 2015. It is the first Australian strategy written by stakeholders to address employer demands for skills and experience in our graduates.
Who is ACEN?
The professional association for WPL, the Australian Collaborative Education Network (ACEN) provides strategic leadership in the area of WPL and WIL. ACEN has a focus of creating a community of research and scholarships for the various WPL stakeholders from the tertiary education sector, industry, community and government representatives.
ACEN research grants
ACEN encourages research in the areas of WPL/WIL and will be awarding two grants of $5,000 for Early Career Researchers and three grants of $10,000 in line with the National WIL Strategy and around the topics of:
• Innovative and scalable WIL models
• WIL and global mobility
• Leadership in WIL
• Digital technology enabling WIL
• Building learner agency and professional identity through WIL
• WIL practices supporting diverse learners
ACEN student scholarships
In addition to this ACEN has eight scholarships of $1,500 for students undertaking WIL in a regional or remote area of Australia as part of their 2019/2020 university studies. Applications close April 30 so encourage your students to apply!
CSU has membership to ACEN and at no cost you can join and receive the newsletter to see some of the exciting efforts and discussions in WPL/WIL across Australia. Membership is easy through this link and remember to tick that CSU is a full member!
- Anna Rowe, University of New South Wales (Co-Chair)
- Kylie Twyford, University of Newcastle (Co-Chair)
- Barbara Walsh, University of Canberra (Secretary)
- Erin Stacey, University of Canberra (General member)
- Theresa Winchester-Seeto, Macquarie University (General member)
- Blair Slater, University of NSW (General member)
- Lisa Andersen, University of Technology Sydney (General member)
- Jenny Pizzica, Western Sydney University (General member)
- Donna Denyer, University of Sydney (General member)
- Liz Bracken, Charles Sturt University (General member)
- Bonnie Dean, University of Wollongong (General member)
- Chapter nominee to the national Board: Anna Rowe, Macquarie University