Need to take leave in 201930?
If you are planning on taking leave for session 1, 2019 please get your Application for Leave form in as soon as possible. It is important that this is submitted at least 2 weeks prior to census date, which is 29 March, 2019. If you have any questions about the process please contact Hayley Gifford.
Scholarship extension requests
Scholarship candidates, under the conditions of their specific award, are generally able to seek an extension to the duration of their scholarship for up to six months provided they are making satisfactory progress and the grounds for the extension relates to their study and is beyond their control.
The Research Office has recently introduced a new Application For Extension to Scholarship form. When seeking an extension to your scholarship program please visit the Research Office Forms and Guides page and complete the Application For Extension to Scholarship form. Note: forms must be endorsed by your Principal Supervisor before being submitted to the Research Office for review.
HDR professional development workshops
There are a number of online workshops scheduled in March that may be of particular interest to Higher Degree by Research candidates:
- Meet the Helpers – Research Support Services – Monday 4th March, 12pm – 1pm
- EndNote for Windows – Monday 11th March, 9.30am – 12pm
- EndNote for Mac – Wednesday 13th March, 2pm – 3.30pm
- Writing a research proposal – Thursday 7th March, 12pm-2pm
- How and why researchers should join a writing group – Tuesday, 19th March, 12pm-1:30pm
- Ethics in research involving human participants -Tuesday, 26th March, 9.30am -11.30am
For more details and registration of these programs and many others, please visit the Professional Development Calendar
CSU is an organisational member of Vitae, which provides tools for development and career support for research staff and students.
The Vitae website has a wealth of resources and advice tailored specifically to researchers, whether your ambition is to stay within or move outside academia. All our staff and students get full access to the Vitae website as part of our subscription. Resources include:
- Professional development tools and the Researcher Development Framework (RDF)
- PDP ROC: Online course on professional development
- Researcher booklets
- Advice for completing a doctorate
- Career destinations and career stories of doctoral graduates
- Example CVs
- Managing a research career
- Equality and diversity in research careers
- And much more!
Register using your CSU email address for full access to the website. Tick “I would like to receive Vitae updates and information” to receive news relevant to researchers.
Questions about CSU’s organisational membership of Vitae are welcome to firstname.lastname@example.org
Videos about supervision, presenting and networking
The library has bought a licence for five British video resources which are relevant to higher degree research candidates, supervisors and other researchers.
To view the video, follow the link, and then select ‘view full text’
1) The PhD Survival Video : PhDs, stress and mental health – aimed at higher degree research candidates
2) The good supervision video – aimed at HDR candidates
3) The outstanding supervisors video – aimed at supervisors
4) The good presentation video – aimed at all researchers
5) The good networking video – engaging with the academic community – Aimed at HDR candidates
ATI Riverina: Thinking Differently!
Join us for our Innovation & Entrepreneurial Bootcamp @ the CSU AgriTech Incubator, building 6, CSU Wagga Campus.
An introduction to entrepreneurship and innovation. A bootcamp to solve real-world challenges in a creative, fast-paced and collaborative way. It will also teach you skills you can apply with any career.
This workshop will provide an introduction to an entrepreneurial toolkit. Participants will identify and define current problems that improve the social fabric of the Riverina region.
Charles Sturt University students (Wagga Wagga Campus) who:
- would like to learn new skills for future employment
- wants to explore new pathway opportunities for their future career
- are interested in being part of community development
- are interested in starting up their own business
The Bootcamp will run from Thursday 14th March – Saturday 16th March:
Thursday 14th March – 6.00pm – 9.00pm
Friday 15th March – 9.30am – 4.30pm
Saturday 16th March – 9.00am – 2.30pm
Completion of bootcamp counts towards credit for one STRIVE Student Leadership Program elective module! Great prize for winning team!!
For further information and to register click on the below link.