International Conference on Contemporary Women’s Studies (IWSC 2019)
The International Conference on Contemporary Women’s Studies will be held in Turkey for 2019 at the Instanbul University Conference Centre on 7-8 March 2019
The aim of the IWSC 2019 Conference is to bring together scholars, researchers, educators, students, professionals and other groups who are interested in women studies to present their works in this academic platform.
Calls for papers are now being made, with dates due as follows:
* Abstract Submission: 1 March 2019
* Registration: 4 March 2019
To find out more about IWSC 2019 visit http://www.iws-c.net
ARC National Interest Test
The Australian Research Council have released updated guidelines for the standard assessment cycle of the National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP) with information relating to the National Interest Test and how this will now fit into the process.
• The small text box on “benefit & impact” in ARC application forms replaced with a small text box on “national interest”.
• Around 100 words, in plain English
• National interest is defined as:
“ the extent to which the research contributes to Australia’s national interest through its potential to have economic, commercial, environmental, social or cultural benefits to the Australian community ”
• Applications that satisfy the NIT & score highly will be recommended to the Minister for funding