i2 outage 3-6 January 2019
As per recent notices in What’s New, Interact2 will not be available to staff and students between 3-6 January 2019. Note that this outage is to allow a major systems upgrade, which should eliminate the need for any outages during future upgrades, and will not change the appearance of subject sites. The Faculties were not asked about the timing of the outage before it was locked in with Blackboard.
If you are teaching in 201890 and currently have an assessment item due 3-6 January 2019 please change them! Other workarounds to let your students know about in an i2 announcement (or two!) before Christmas:
- there’ll be a direct link to EASTS from the ‘sorry i2 is down page’ https://online.csu.edu.au/dedocs/eastsacademic.htm
- identify what resources you think students might need during the outage, convert them to PDF and make them available via DOMS
- direct link to your online meeting room
- as the discussion board will be unavailable send urgent requests via email
If you need help with any of the above please log an SRS ASAP.
The why, how, what and where to next of the CSU wiki
Avid readers of BJBS News will have noticed the recent posts about the wiki, an institutional community space for knowledge sharing and co-developing resources about learning and teaching. Recently the cross-institutional working party put together this video for the CSU Thinkpiece series. There are also new pages providing easy to find resources for sessional staff and educational technologies.
In other news…
- in early November, Debbie Wheeler, our ALLaN Faculty liaison is running a series of brief PD sessions on literacy and numeracy strategies and tool, so watch out for calendar invites. Note the separate post on all DLT PD sessions for November.
- For the first time Mike Kemp has a separate post on QUASAR, make sure you check it out!
- the popular DLT one page subject preparation checklist is now available for 201930. You can access it directly or go via the wiki which contains heaps of other useful resources to help you prepare for session
- 15 November is the deadline for 201930 draft timetable amendment requests. You can submit them by going to the Timetabling Sharepoint.
- if you’d like to opt out of receiving BJBS PD calendar invites then please email me