Professional Development Opportunities
The 2018 Professional Development Calendar is available: http://www.csu.edu.au/research/professional-development/program-calendar
Research Office Professional Development recordings
We are pleased to announce that some recordings made of our PD sessions are now available for viewing on our Research Office i2 site. To access you need to become a member of the Research Office Interact site, “Research Office”. To Self Register :-
- Login to Interact2
- Click on ‘organisations’
- Look under ‘my organisations’. If you’re already a member of Research Office, it will show up in this list on the page
- If not, do an Organisational Search for Research Office
- Hover over the title code, ‘O-R-OFFICE (RESEARCH OFFICE)’, a drop down arrow button appears
- Click on this arrow and ‘enrol’
Being a member will also give you direct emails about new updates, presentations, announcements, news and more.
Quantitative Consulting Unit
What Research Support can QCU provide?
The Quantitative Consulting Unit (QCU) provides statistical support to research students and staff across the University. QCU’s core statistics support services include:
- Free general consultancy on statistical theory and application related to a research problem;
- Tutorials/training for learning and using analysis software such as R, SPSS, G*Power 3.1, @Risk and Netica;
- Advice on, support to, and completion of statistical data analysis needed from a research project (e.g., for HDR students’ studies, manuscripts for submission to a professional journal, proposal for grant application, etc.);
- Workshops for enhancing researchers’ statistical data analysis skills – currently we are offering a half-day R Introduction workshop and a one-day G-Power workshop.
- Our next monthly cRow meeting will be held on Monday 16 July 2018 in the Graham Centre from 10 am – 12 pm. Please contact Coral via email@example.com if you would like to join us or know more.
- Our next mid-month R tutorial online Q & A session will be held on Tuesday 17 July 2018 from 2-5pm. Please advise John via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the session if you would like to join in. You can participate in the session via the Adobe Connect link https://connect.csu.edu.au/r_qandasession/ This will be the Adobe Connect meeting link for every Q & A session.
For a full description of and how you can get access to our services please log onto QCU’s webpage http://www.csu.edu.au/qcu.